Thursday, February 5, 2015

Copycat Chick-fil-A Chicken Nuggets

Chick-fil-A nuggets are my all-time favorite fast food item. Unfortunately, I live in the middle of nowhere, 45 minutes from their deliciousness. What's a girl to do? Make her own, that's what!
I found a recipe here and ran with it!!! I made a few changes,but better than I ever imagined. Never buying nuggets again!( well, maybe at Chick-fil-A!)


What you need:
1 lb chicken, cut into 1-inch cubes (breast works best, but boneless thighs are cheap and delicious!)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup dill pickle relish, mostly juice (original calls for 1/2 cup pickle juice, but I was in a pinch!)
1 cup vegetable oil (original calls for peanut oil, but again,in a pinch!)
1 large egg
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
Salt, Cayenne pepper, onion powder and garlic powder to taste

What you do:
 1. Mix milk, relish, and chicken in a medium bowl, cover, and place in fridge for 2 hours or more.      Let that pickle juice soak in!


2.Beat 1 egg (I like to add a little of the pickle milk and the egg in a mason jar and shake the bejeepers out of it) the add to the chicken mix and toss thoroughly. 


3. In a large bowl or Ziploc bag, combine flour, sugar, and seasoning. Shake or toss like heck, add your chicken (drained, of course!) then do it again!



4. Heat oil in a large skillet and fry 'em up until golden brown! I like to use a colander sat over a pan to catch and extra grease.



5. Enjoy! These lil' guys are super delicious , and I can feel good knowing what exactly is in my kid's nuggets!


No comments:

Post a Comment