Monday, February 2, 2015

Quick and easy breakfast skillet - Breakfast hack

This is my go to breakfast on a busy weekend (or weekday for that matter).It's simple, tasty, and REALLY cheap. I can feed my family of 4 big eaters for less than $5. I like to use leftover tater tots sometimes too, as well as whatever else I have in the fridge that would make a good add-in. I waste nothing here! When I first saw a similar recipe in an old church cookbook, I thought "OMG why don't I ever do that" hence why I refer to it as a "breakfast hack" and not a recipe. It's too simple to be labeled a "recipe"!




What you will  need:
10 links breakfast sausage (or a roll, or patties, your preference)
6 Large eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 Tbsp butter
20-30 Tater tots (to your preference)
A Big 'ol skillet
2 Small bowls
A fork and a knife
Cheese, Veggies, White gravy or whatever your heart desires (optional)

What to do:


1. Cook your tots according to package directions. If your using leftovers, skip this step.

2. Fry up the sausage in your skillet and cut it into small pieces. You can use roll sausage and scramble it like hamburger. It doesn't matter what, as long as the breakfast meat is in pieces. set aside in a bowl.



3. Beat eggs and milk together in a bowl.



4. Melt butter in skillet and swirl around until the bottom is coated.pour egg mixture in and scramble.

5. Chop up tots and add to egg, scrambling until homogeneous. Add Sausage and whatever else you are feeling. The possibilities are endless.

6 Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment